Talk:Sequence-Based Mutation Analysis Hemochromatosis
@PKU (who I think review us this week):
I've tried to keep the DSSP/PsiPred prediction section short as I know you don't like too much "raw output" on the wiki. Is this amount okay with you?^^
- You could have left out the non-relevant rows of the PSSM also. :-P.
No, I think it is very good as it is, very little to say, really. The big pictures of the alignment are a little.. overwhelming and there might be redundant sequences in the alignment (hard to check). Maybe a weighting of the methods would improve your results, and I personally think that e.g. the PAM-score is not as significant as a ' proper ' prediction, but I don't have a handy weighting scheme either and understand your decision. Out of curiosity (didn't do it ourselves): How long does SNAP need to make all ~6000 predictions?
- differ in most predictions but --> differ in most except/but for
The to be analysed mutations are highlighted. --> The mutations to be analysed are highlighted.
Boidolj 18:18, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
As i really had problems to find something to criticize, i am going to put in things i dont like which i then post here. But now for something completely different:
- You shouldn't use abbrevs in a wiki u no? i mean the can't-s etc. But thats really minor
- I liked your colorchoice in the structure but i think its almost not possible to compare the wildtype and mutant if they are not in the same picture as you have a slightly different angle in most of them.
- As for the table in the conclusion I would choose differnt colors as background, or is this the riddle for this week?
--Hollizeck 19:50, 18 June 2012 (UTC)