Protein Structure and Function Analysis (version: SS 2011)
This is the main information exchange for the practical on Protein Structure and Function Analysis in 2011. The organisers (Marc, Edda, Andrea) publish short introductions into the tasks, which are roughly organised by days of the practical. Students add their talks and use this site to document their methods and results. - You can log in to edit with the credentials for the Rostlab/Kramer student computer cluster.
- Collect information on the individual disease -- put into wiki by: May 17th
- Sequence alignments (sequence searches and multiple alignments) -- get results by: May 24th
- Sequence based analyses (Conservation, secondary structure, etc.)
- Homology based structure predictions
In this practical, we analyse the mutations causing a number of genetic diseases (see disease list). For each disease, one page summarises the information on the genetic disease. Form there, we link to pages detailing the analysis results for the individual mutated sequences.
Here, we collect links to resources used throughout the practical. This list is maintained by the organisers and the students. Please also include a short description of the resource if you add something. (Also, feel free to add to the existing descriptions.) The resources can be related to
- First meeting: May 10th, 10 am; students present their assigned diseases (see Task 1)
- Second meeting: May 17th, 10 am; introduction to "Sequence alignments" (see Task 2)
- Third meeting: May 24th, 10 am; discussion of "Sequence alignment" task results, problems etc AND introduction to "Sequence based analysis" (see Task 3)