Features and Mockups
The project plans to provide important features and functionalities to enable users interested in gene list comparison and visualization with clear set of requirements possible. The following sections list and illustrate (with mockups and use cases) important user experience (visuals, information structure, and interaction), functionalities and features of the project work.
User Experience (UXD)
The project aims to provide a single page application structure, high interaction, better data input and output support, and better data visualization for a good user experience and satisfaction possible.
The work plans to understand users’ value for accessibility and list comparison requirements to achieve good usability. It aims to maintain as well clear visual interaction possible by a minimum sets of simple and less loaded page.
Visuals and Interaction
Information Structure (data, presentation...)
- Program takes the lists as input. Normally having the same characteristic, the items on the same list are put in the one set.
- Find out the elements which are in the intersection of sets.
- The Venn diagram with at most 6 different groups.
- Can highlight a specific set. Show all the elements in the highlighted group.
- Calculate area of the set (including overlapping area). The group which has more elements should occupy more area.
- Show and hide specific set in Venn diagram.
- Save the result diagram as image file.
Application Design/Tools and Technologies
Expected Technical Challenges
Creating circles having the ability to adapt and change in shape with respect to lists size and intersections between them. Specially when complexity increases.