Due Nov. 13
We provided a live parser for reddit.com for you for this exercise! It fetches and parses every two seconds the 26 highest ranked posts in reddit.com. The data has following attributes:
- id which is a unique id for this post
- title which is the post title
- score which is the current score of this post
- diff which is the current score - the previous score (2 seconds ago)
- (if you like you can inspect the data for even more attributes :) )
Currently the standard visualization is listing those entries as SVG text tags in an SVG tag called "redditsvg". The visualization uses d3js. Have a look at http://pp2-ex.github.io/homework-3/
- Your Task till Nov 13
- Understand the current implementation of the function runvis() in vis.js. What does it do? How does the code handles d3 entry, update and exit?
- Replace this code with your own ideas (for example: posts and scores can be represented as barchart which automatically updates itself) and present those in our next class on Nov 14th.
- Publish your results to Github pages (=special git branch named
- Add your github page to the table below (Optional)
We are looking forward to your ideas!
gh-pagesbranch is used for Github pages
- if you access the github pages with https, you need to request the reddit data via https